Afterburner Decals 1/48 Lakenheath Eagles Decal First Look
|Date of Review||March 2007||Manufacturer||Afterburner Decals|
|Subject||F-15C Eagles - 493 FS/48 FW/RAF Lakenheath||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48005||Pros||Nine Eagles from the 48th Fighter Wing including two boss birds and five MiG killers.|
|MSRP (USD)||Out of Production|
Afterburner Decals has turned out some impressive decal releases covering contemporary USAF subjects and this latest one is no exception. This release covers nine F-15C Eagles out of the 493rd Fighter Squadron/48th Fighter Wing from RAF Lakenheath, UK.
The aircraft presented in this set are:
- F-15C, 86-0164, LN, 493rd CC's aircraft, OAF, Mar 1999
- F-15C, 86-0156, LN, 493 FS/48 FW, OAF MiG Killer, 26 Mar 1999
- F-15C, 86-0159, LN, 493 FS/48 FW, OAF MiG Killer, 26 Mar 1999
- F-15C, 84-0014, LN, 493 FS/48 FW, Dual MiG Killer (OAF & ODS)
- F-15C, 86-0169, LN, 493 FS/48 FW, OAF MiG Killer, 24 Mar 1999
- F-15C, 84-0027, LN, 493rd CC's aircraft, 2005-06
- F-15C, 84-0019, LN, 493 FS/48 FW, Dual Sukhoi Killer, 6 Feb 1991
- F-15C, 86-0165, LN, 493 FS/48 FW, 2005-06
- F-15D, 84-044, LN, 493 FS/48 FW, 2005
As you can see in the decal layout, this set provides a nice array of maintenance stencils in addition to the national markings and distinctive unit markings. In fact, Afterburner Decals provide sufficient maintenance stencils for two complete aircraft and tail codes, national markings, and A/R receiver outlines for four aircraft.
According to the instructions, this set was sized for the Hasegawa 1/48 F-15C and F-15D kits as these remain the nicest Eagles in 1/48 scale released to date.
My sincere thanks to Afterburner Decals for this review sample!