Afterburner Decals 1/48 F-16CJ Viper East Demo Team Decal First Look
|Date of Review||November 2006||Manufacturer||Afterburner Decals|
|Subject||F-16CJ Viper East Demo Team||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48009||Pros||Seven distinctive Vipers from the 2006, 2005, 2004, and 2000 show seasons|
|Cons||Nothing noted||Skill Level||Novice|
|MSRP (USD)||Out of Production|
Afterburner Decals has turned out some impressive decal releases covering contemporary USAF subjects and this one is no exception. This release covers seven Shaw AFB Vipers assigned to support east coast airshows
The aircraft presented in this set are:
- F-16CJ CCIP, Block 50, 94-0048, 20 FW, Shaw AFB, 2005 (Late)/2006 Airshow Season Primary
- F-16CJ, Block 50, 92-3923, 20 FW, Shaw AFB, 2006 Airshow Season Secondary
- F-16CJ, Block 50, 90-0806, 20 FW, Shaw AFB, 2005/2006 Airshow Season Secondary
- F-16CJ CCIP, Block 50, 92-3904, 20 FW, Shaw AFB, 2005 Early Airshow Season Primary
- F-16CJ, Block 50, 91-0353, 20 FW, Shaw AFB, MiG Killer, 2004 Airshow Season Primary
- F-16CJ, Block 50, 91-0376, 20 FW, Shaw AFB, 2004 Airshow Season Secondary
- F-16CJ, Block 50, 93-0534, 20 FW, Shaw AFB, 2000 Airshow Season
As you can see in the decal layout, this set provides a nice array of maintenance stencils in addition to the national markings and distinctive unit markings. In fact, Afterburner Decals provide sufficient stencils and markings for two complete aircraft.
According to the instructions, this set was sized for the Hasegawa 1/48 F-16CJ kit, though you'll need the 'bird slicer' IFF interrogator antennas ahead of the canopy to do either of the CCIP aircraft. You can check out our F-16 References for more information on the Viper's details. This set should work on the upcoming Tamiya 1/48 F-16CJ kit as well.
My sincere thanks to Afterburner Decals for this review sample!