Afterburner Decals 1/48 F-15C Eagle Wing Kings Decal First Look
|Date of Review||December 2007||Manufacturer||Afterburner Decals|
|Subject||F-15C Eagle Wing Kings||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48019||Pros||Beautifully printed decal artwork!|
|Cons||Nothing noted||Skill Level||Novice|
|MSRP (USD)||Out of Production|
Afterburner Decals has turned out some impressive decal releases covering contemporary USAF subjects and this one is no exception. This release covers the mounts of one USAF Numbered Air Force Commander, two Wing Commanders and two Group Commanders.
The aircraft presented in this set are:
- F-15C, 85-0111, AK, 11 AF Commander, Elmendorf AFB, AK, 2007, as flown by Lt Gen Doug Fraser
- F-15C, 85-0093, AK, 3 WG Commander, Elmendorf AFB, FL, 2007, as flown by Col Thomas Tinsley (in 2006 by BG Hawk Carlisle)
- F-15C, 78-0518, ZZ, 18 WG Commander, Kadena AB, Japan, 2007, as flown by BG Harold Moulton
- F-15C, 80-0012, ZZ, 18 OG Commander, Kadena AB, Japan, 2007, as flown by Col Mark Henkel
- F-15C, 78-0474, ZZ, 18 OG Commander, Kadena AB, Japan, 2006, as flown by Col David Freaney
As you can see in the decal layout, this set provides a nice array of maintenance stencils in addition to the national markings and distinctive unit markings. In fact, Afterburner Decals provide sufficient stencils and markings for two complete aircraft.
According to the instructions, this set was sized for the Hasegawa 1/48 F-15C kit though you can adapt these to fit any 1/48 scale F-15C.
My sincere thanks to Afterburner Decals for this review sample!