Afterburner Decals 1/48 F-16C 'The Big 22' Decal First Look
|Date of Review||December 2007||Manufacturer||Afterburner Decals|
|Subject||F-16C 'The Big 22'||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48023||Pros||Beautifully printed decal artwork!|
|Cons||Nothing noted||Skill Level||Novice|
|MSRP (USD)||Out of Production|
Afterburner Decals has turned out some impressive decal releases covering contemporary USAF subjects and this one is no exception. This release covers the mounts of two squadron commanders and four aircraft from the 22nd FS/52 FW from Spangdahlem AB, Germany, AKA 'Spangledesh'.
The aircraft presented in this set are:
- F-16C-50B-CF CCIP, 90-0829, 22 FS/52 FW, SP, CC Acft Feb 2007
- F-16C-50C-CF, 91-0339, 22 FS/52 FW, SP, CC Acft 2001
- F-16C-50B-CF CCIP, 90-0828, 22 FS/52 FW, SP, Sep 2005
- F-16C-50C-CF CCIP, 91-0342, 22 FS/52 FW, SP, Mar 2005
- F-16C-50B-CF CCIP, 90-0833, 22 FS/52 FW, SP, Mar 2007, HAVE GLASS Finish
- F-16D-50C-CF CCIP, 91-0464, 22 FS/52 FW, SP, Fall 2006, HAVE GLASS Finish
As you can see in the decal layout, this set provides a nice array of maintenance stencils in addition to the national markings and distinctive unit markings. In fact, Afterburner Decals provide sufficient stencils and markings to render two aircraft. This set was tailored to the Tamiya 1/48 F-16C Block 50 CCIP kit but these can be adapted to the Hasegawa Block 50 kit though you may have to touch up the areas where the tail bands don't quite reach.
My sincere thanks to Afterburner Decals for this review sample!