AML 1/48 Americans in Stalin's Sky Decal First Look
|Date of Review||August 2006||Manufacturer||AML|
|Subject||Americans in Stalin's Sky||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48021||Pros||Five distinctive color schemes including two aces|
|MSRP (USD)||Out of Production|
Just in time for the Hasegawa Airacobras, AML has released one of at least three parts of markings for US lend-lease aircraft sent to the USSR. I've never had the opportunity to see AML decals up-close before, but after seeing these, it won't be the last! These are very nicely printed decals that are not reliant on applying multiple layers to render a marking as many US makers are doing these days.
The print quality is excellent and high resolution.
Five aircraft are rendered on this sheet. These are:
- P-47D-27-RE, 42-27062, delivery markings to the USSR
- P-47D-27-RE, 42-27023, Silver 23, 255 IAP, Northern Fleet, 1945
- P-47D-27-RE, serial unk, White 39, 255 IAP, Northern Fleet, 1945
- P-39N, serial unk, White 21, 69 GIAP, 1945
- P-39N, serial unk, 25 IAP, Northern Fleet, 1943
In addition, the decal set also comes with a fret of photo-etch containing two sets of seatbelts and shoulder harnesses. Nice touch!