AOA Decals 1/32 Combat Scooters (2) Decal Set First Look
|Date of Review||February 2016||Manufacturer||AOA Decals|
|Subject||Combat Scooters (2)||Scale||1/32|
|Set Number||32011||Pros||16 decal options|
|Cons||Nothing noted||Skill Level||Basic|
AOA Decals has returned with another impressive new set. In this release, we have decal options for nine different A-4E/F Skyhawks from the Vietnam air war which are provided on three sheets. This comprehensive set includes a complete set of airframe stenciling as well as the distinctive markings for each of the nine individual aircraft.
The subjects included in this set:
- A-4E, 152094, VA-144, NH/304, USS Kitty Hawk, 1967-68
- A-4E, 152007, VA-144, NH/505, USS Bon Homme Richard, 1969
- A-4E, 152001, VMA-311, WL/7, Chu Lai AB, 1966
- A-4E, 151046, VMA-311, WL/15, Chu Lai AB, 1968
- A-4E, 149660, VMA-311, WL/4, Chu Lai AB, 1968
- A-4E, 150091, VMA-311, WL/16, Chu Lai AB, 1970
- A-4E, 150121, VA-155, NK/510, USS Coral Sea, 1964-65
- A-4F, 155069, VA-155, NE/405, USS Ranger, 1968-69
- A-4F, 155057, VA-155, NE/410, USS Ranger, 1968-69
The instructions walk you through the placement of the markings around the Skyhawk airframe. This set is designed for the Trumpeter A-4E/F kit and provides some nice notes on how to correct smaller details to render an accurate Vietnam era Scooter. This set provides airframe stenciling for one example though you can also acquire set 32012 which provides another complete set of stenciling should you wish to render more than one aircraft out of this decal set.
For more information about this set and the other releases from AOA Decals, visit their website at www.aoadecals.com.
My sincere thanks to AOA Decals for this review sample!