AOA Decals 1/32 T-28B/C/D Trainers No More: Trojans At War Decal First Look
|Date of Review||July 2016||Manufacturer||AOA Decals|
|Subject||T-28B/C/D Trainers No More: Trojans At War||Scale||1/32|
|Set Number||32015||Pros||18 distinctive subject options|
|Cons||Nothing noted||Skill Level||Basic|
AOA Decals has returned with another interesting set of subjects for the recent Kitty Hawk 1/32 T-28B/D Trojan kit (as well as their upcoming T-28C release).
The subjects included in this set:
- T-28D, 51-7677, 56 SOW Det 1, Udorn RTAFB, 1972/73
- T-28D, 52-1208, 56 SOW Det 1, Udorn RTAFB, 1973
- T-28B, 137644, 56 SOW Det 1, Udorn RTAFB, 1973
- T-28D, 140533, 56 SOW Det 1, Udorn RTAFB, 1973
- T-28D, 51-7778, unknown, Cambodia, 1968
- T-28D, 51-7823, Pochentong AB, Khmer Republic, 1971
- T-28B, 138241, Air America (?), Khmer Republic, 1973
- T-28B, 138146, Air America (?), Laos, 1973
- T-28B, 140040, 516 FS, Da Nang AB, VNAF, 1963/65
- T-28D, 51-3471, 222 TFS, Ubon RTAFB, 1971
- T-28D, 51-3714, 222 TFS, Ubon RTAFB, 1971
- T-28D, 51-3578, 222 TFS, Ubon RTAFB, 1970/71
- T-28B, 53-8371, 1 ACS, Soc Trang AB, VNAF, 1963
- T-28B, 53-8372, 1 ACS, Soc Trang AB, VNAF, 1963
- T-28B, 140038, 1 FS/516 FS, Nha Trang/Da Nang AB, VNAF, 1962/63
- T-28C, 140456, 2 FS/516 FS, Nha Trang/Da Nang AB, VNAF, 1962/63
- T-28D, 49-1604, unknown, USAF, 1966/67
- T-28D, 49-1543, 606 ACS, USAF, Nakhon Phanom RTAFB, 1968
Since most of these aircraft carry the FS 36473 Light Gray/ADC Gray or FS 36440 Gull Gray over FS 37875 White, these airframes would have their maintenance stenciling visible and this decal set provides an extensive stenciling sheet which will really add visual detail to the kit. If you're not into stenciling, there are two camouflaged aircraft in this set which will save you some time.
If you're looking for some interesting subjects to create armed T-28s from the Kitty Hawk kits, this sheet is just what you've been waiting for. For more information about this set and the other releases from AOA Decals, visit their website at www.aoadecals.com.
My sincere thanks to AOA Decals for this review sample!