Aviaeology Decals 1/48 Vital Storm Part 2 Decal First Look
|Date of Review||December 2010||Manufacturer||Aviaeology Decals|
|Subject||Early Hurricanes in Battle of Britain and later||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48007||Pros||Six aircraft options|
|Cons||Nothing noted||Skill Level||Basic|
Aviaeology Decals has released the second installment of early Hurricanes, this set covering the early mark Hurricanes from the Battle of Britain and later. This decal set comes on three sheets and provides markings for six aircraft plus three variations on two of these aircraft.
This decal set covers the six airframes with two of them covered at different points in time. The decal set provides standard markings plus optional dull red overlays should your subject be a subdued night fighter or other subdued subject. Two complete sets of maintenance stencils, one for day fighter, one for night.
The subjects covered in this set include:
- Hurricane I, P3729, 33 Squadron, as flown by F/O Woodward
- Hurricane I, P2923, VY•R, 85 Squadron, as flown by P/O Lewis
- Hurricane I, P2798, LK•A, 87 Squadron, as flown by F/L Gleed, later S/L Gleed
- Hurricane I, P3576, GN•A, 249 Squadron, as flown by F/L Nicolson VC
- Hurricane I, V7474, A, 261 Squadron, as flown by F/L MacLachlan
- Hurricane I, P3143, NN•D, 312 Squadron
The instructions are printed in black and white and provide essential detail information for each of the aircraft depicted here. The instructions have some photo illustrations of these aircraft which provide further useful detail information for the modeler.
This set will really enhance your favorite Hurricane Mk.I kit.
For more information about this set and the other releases from Aviaeology Decals, visit their website at http://www.aviaeology.com.
My sincere thanks to Aviaeology Decals for this review sample!