Aviaeology Decals 1/72 Vital Storm Part 1 Decal First Look
|Date of Review||January 2011||Manufacturer||Aviaeology Decals|
|Subject||Vital Storm Part 1||Scale||1/72|
|Set Number||72007.1||Pros||Eight aircraft options|
|Cons||Nothing noted||Skill Level||Basic|
|MSRP, as flown byUSD)||$11.89|
Aviaeology Decals has released the first installment of early Hurricanes, this set covering the early mark Hurricanes from the Battle of Britain and later. This decal set comes on two sheets and provides markings for eight aircraft.
This decal set covers the eight airframes and provides standard markings plus optional dull red overlays should your subject be a subdued night fighter or other subdued subject. Two complete sets of maintenance stencils are also included.
The subjects covered in this set include:
- Hurricane I, P3395, JX•B, 1 Sqn, as flown by F/L Clowes
- Hurricane I, N2359, YB•J, 17 Sqn, as flown by P/O Stevens
- Hurricane I, P3854, VY•Q, 85 Sqn, as flown by S/L Townsend
- Hurricane I, P3119, VY•X, 85 Sqn, as flown by pilot not known
- Hurricane I, P2961, LE•A, 242 Sqn, as flown by F/O McKnight
- Hurricane I, N2381, LE•X, 242 Sqn, as flown by pilot not known
- Hurricane I, P3731, J, 261 Sqn, as flown by Sqt. Robertson
- Hurricane I, L1926, DU•J, 312 Sqn, as flown by P/O Vasatko
The instructions are printed in black and white and provide essential detail information for each of the aircraft depicted here. The instructions have some photo illustrations of these aircraft which provide further useful detail information for the modeler.
This set will really enhance your favorite Hurricane Mk.I kit.
For more information about this set and the other releases from Aviaeology Decals, visit their website at http://www.aviaeology.com.
My sincere thanks to Aviaeology Decals for this review sample!