Aztec Models 1/72 Quetzales Viejos Guerreros (Guatamalan AF) Decal First Look
|Date of Review||July 2012||Manufacturer||Aztec Models|
|Subject||Quetzales Viejos Guerreros (Guatamalan AF)||Scale||1/72|
|Set Number||72045||Pros||Outstanding selection of early FAG subjects|
|Cons||See text||Skill Level||Basic|
Aztec Models has released this very interesting set of decals for the Fuerza Aerea de Guatemala (FAG). This set provides a terrific cross-section of aircraft in service with the FAG from the nation's early days to 1950s. The markings are nicely rendered and printed as single-layer decals so there is no need to stack these markings one atop another to recreate the artwork as done by other companies.
This set provides a nice selection of subjects:
- Avro 504K, La Aurora Airfield, 1921
- Ryan STA/PT-20, La Aurora AB, 1939
- Fairchild PT-19 Cornell, Los Cipresales AB, 1946
- Stearman PT-13/17, La Aurora AB, 1943
- North American T-6D/G Texan, La Aurora AB, 1943
- Boeing P-26A Peashooter, 1943
- Beech AT-11 Kansan, La Aurora AB, 1946
- Beech C-45 Expeditor, La Aurora AB, 1952
- North American F-51D/K Mustang, La Aurora AB, 1954
- Douglas C-47 Skytrain, La Aurora AB, 1945
While there are ten subjects provided, Aztec provides several examples of each subject providing a very comprehensive collection of aircraft. This set will render quite a few different subjects from this one sheet!
This is a really interesting release as it provides some colorful examples across a wide range of aircraft types and time periods representing the early days of the FAG through the 1950s.
For more information about this set and the other releases from Aztec Models, visit their website at http://www.aztecmodels.com/.
My sincere thanks to Aztec Models for this review sample!