Aztec Models 1/72 Cuban Raiders II Decal First Look
|Date of Review||November 2012||Manufacturer||Aztec Models|
|Subject||Cuban Raiders II||Scale||1/72|
|Set Number||72049||Pros||Outstanding selection of the modern Cuban AF aircraft|
|Cons||Nothing noted||Skill Level||Basic|
Aztec Models has released this second installment for the Fuerza Aerea Revolucionaria (FAR) or Cuban Air Force. This set picks up from Part I with modern MiGs and Mils for your revolutionary flightline.
This set provides a nice selection of late-service examples:
- MiG-23UB, Bort 704, San Antonio de los Banos, FAR
- Mi-8, Bort 125, Santa Clara AB, FAR, 2006
- MiG-29UB, Bort 900, FAR, 1996
- MiG-29UB, Bort 900, FAR, 2006
- L-39C, Bort 01, FAR
- MiG-23BN, Bort 35, FAR
- MiG-23ML, Bort 210, FAR
- MiG-23BN, Bort 723, FAR
- MiG-29UB, Bort 900, FAR, 2008
- MiG-29, Bort 911, San Antonio de los Banos, FAR, 2008
- MiG-23MF, Bort 206, FAR
- MiG-23BN, Bort 722, FAR, defected to Key West 1991
- Mi-24, FAR
- MiG-29UB, Bort 901, FAR, 2005
- Mi-24, Bort 12, FAR
The instructions provide one side of the aircraft in color profile and with some that have differing camouflage on the other side, the instructions MAY provide coverage of the other side in the black and white supplemental pages.
This is another great set of markings and provide the modeler with a nice selection of unique camouflage schemes to set off their next project.
For more information about this set and the other releases from Aztec Models, visit their website at http://www.aztecmodels.com/.
My sincere thanks to Aztec Models for this review sample!