BarracudaCals 1/72 Spitfire Mk.VIII Part 1 Decal First Look
|Date of Review||July 2016||Manufacturer||BarracudaCals|
|Subject||Spitfire Mk.VIII Part 1||Scale||1/72|
|Set Number||72227||Pros||Nice selection of subjects|
|Cons||Nothing noted||Skill Level||Basic|
BarracudaCals has started a new series of decals covering the Spitfire Mk.VIII. In this first installment, we have seven subjects that have been sized to work with the Eduard, AZ or Hasegawa kits.
This subjects in this release include:
- Spitfire Mk.VIII, JF476, 82 Sqn, RAF, QJ-D, Taranto, Italy, 1943
- Spitfire Mk.VIII, JF835, 152 Sqn, SEAC, UM-T, Sinthe, Burma, 1945
- Spitfire Mk.VIII, MT982, 152 Sqn, SEAC, UM-C, Sinthe, Burma, 1945
- Spitfire Mk.VIII, A58-517, 79 Sqn, RAAF, UP-F, Morotai, Indonesia, 1945
- Spitfire Mk.VIII, unknown, 308 FS, USAAF, HL-K, Castel Volturno, Italy, 1944
The sheet is printed by Cartograf and is very sharp as well as in-register. The sheet comes with two sets of maintenance stencils and good instructions on where everything goes. If you're looking for some interesting camouflage schemes for your Gustav, this set is just what you're looking for.
My sincere thanks to BarracudaCals Decals for this review sample!