Begemot 1/48 Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker Family Part 1 Decal First Look
|Date of Review||March 2007||Manufacturer||Begemot|
|Subject||Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker Family Part 1||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48004||Pros||Markings for 22 different aircraft|
Begemot Decals is an interesting decal company from Rostov-on-Don, Russia that offers a nice array of markings for Russian-built aircraft. In this release, they've tackled a subject that has received little coverage by other decal manufacturers. This set is the first of a series of sheets featuring the Su-27 Flanker family.
This set addresses 22 aircraft from a variety of assignments. These include:
- Su-27P, Red 36, 3 AEh/941 IAP, Kilp-Yavr AB, Kola Penninsula, mid 1987
- Su-27S, Red 10, 611 IAP, Dorokhovo AB, T'ver Region
- Su-27S, on loan to Syrian AF, Hamah AB, 2000
- Su-27UB, Red 01, 3 GIAP, Krymsk AB, early 2000
- Su-27S, Blue 22, 1 Bde, Uzbekistan AF, Karshi AB, 2004
- Su-27P, Red 02, 177 IAP, Lodeynoe Pole AB, St. Petersburg Region, 2006
- Su-27P, Blue 12, 62 IAP, Belbek AB, Crimea, Ukraine, 1995
- Su-27P, Blue 51, 159 GIAP, Besovets AB, Karelia, 2005
- Su-30MK-1, SB006, 24 Sqn, Indian AF, Bareilly AB, 1998
- Su-30MK-1, SB008, 24 Sqn, Indian AF, Delhi, 2000
- Su-30MKI-1, SB024, 20 Sqn, Indian AF, Lohegaon AB, 2003
- Su-30K-1, SB013, 24 Sqn, Indian AF, Bareilly AB, 1999
- Su-27, Red 12, 177 IAP, Lodeynoe Pole AB, St. Petersburg Region, 2005
- Su-27SK, Blue 24, 55 Regt/19 Div, Chinese AF, Djengzou AB, 2005
- J-11 (Su-27SK), Blue 18, 1 Regt/1 Div, Chinese AF, Anshan AB, 2003
- Su-27UBK, Blue 31, 6 Regt/2 Div, Chinese AF, Suihi AB, 2001
- Su-30MKK-2, Blue 14, 10 Regt/4 Div, Chinese AF, Luqiao AB, 2005
- Su-27P, Blue 37, 177 IAP, Lodeynoe Pole AB, 2005
- Su-27P, Red 01, 689 GIAP, Chkalovsk AB, 2003
- Su-27SK, 608, 6 Sqn, Eritrean AF, Asmara AB, 2003
- Su-27UB, Blue 43, 54 GIAP, Savosleyka AB, 1998
- Su-30, Blue 51, 54 GIAP, Savosleyka AB, 1998
The decal printing is perfectly in register. The instructions are printed on three sheets that provide not only decal placement for each aircraft, but also a nice color reference for each aircraft as well. Decals include the distinctive aircraft markings as well as appropriate national markings. If you look at the 1/72 scale version of this set, you'll notice the false canopy pattern for the underside of the nose and an interesting design for one of the Indian AF birds rendered in decal form. Even in 1/72, those decals are rather large. In this set, Begemot provides those same markings as well as options for national markings as paint masks.
For more information about this set and the other releases from Begemot Decals, visit their website at http://www.begemotdecals.ru.
My sincere thanks to Begemot Decals for this review sample!