Begemot 1/72 MiG-31 Foxhound Decal First Look
|Date of Review||April 2006||Manufacturer||Begemot|
|Set Number||72006||Pros||Markings for 7 different aircraft|
Begemot Decals is an interesting decal company from Rostov-on-Don, Russia that offers a nice array of markings for Russian-built aircraft. In this release, they've hit touched on another nice subject - the MiG-31 Foxhound. Zvezda and Revell/Germany have released the 1/72 MiG-31 in kit form.
There are 7 aircraft covered in this set:
- MiG-31, Blue 201, 3rd test aircraft, crashed 4 Apr 1984
- MiG-31B, White 374, MiG OKB Demo Aircraft, Paris Airshow 1991
- MiG-31Eh, White 903, MiG OKB Demo Aircraft, MAKS 1999 at Zhukovski AB
- MiG-31, Red 08, Boris Safonov IAP, Monchegorsk AB, 1985
- MiG-31, Red 79, Ejection Seat Testbed, Akhtoubinsk AB, 1995
- MiG-31B, Blue 74, 786 IAP, Pravdinsk AB, 1995
- MiG-31M, Blue 057, Demonstrator Aircraft, Machulishchi AB, 1992
The decal printing is perfectly in register. The instructions are printed on two sheets that provide not only decal placement for each aircraft, but also a nice color reference for each aircraft as well. Decals include the distinctive aircraft markings as well as appropriate national markings. There is also an extensive set of maintenance stenciling for one aircraft.
Begemot Decals are now available with free shipping in the US from HobbyZone USA. For more information about this set and the other releases from Begemot Decals, visit their website at http://www.begemotdecals.ru.
My sincere thanks to Begemot Decals for this review sample!