Begemot 1/72 MiG-21 Fishbed Part 1 Decal First Look
|Date of Review||April 2006||Manufacturer||Begemot|
|Subject||MiG-21 Fishbed Part 1||Scale||1/72|
|Set Number||72018||Pros||Markings for 12 different aircraft|
Begemot Decals is an interesting decal company from Rostov-on-Don, Russia that offers a nice array of markings for Russian-built aircraft. In this release, they've provided a wealth of markings for the MiG-21 that spans the aircraft's lifespan.
There are 12 aircraft covered in this set:
- MiG-21F-13, 23, 32 Guards Ftr Regt, Kubinka AB, Soviet AF, June 1962
- MiG-21F-13, 23, FAR (Cuban AF), Santa Clara, December 1962
- J-7, 1856, Chinese AF
- MiG-21F-13, 28 Sqn, Indian AF, 1965
- MiG-21F-13, 2167, 14 Sqn, Indonesian AF, 1960s
- MiG-21F-13, 60, 95 Tng Sqn, Kroasnodar, Soviet AF, 1960s
- MiG-21PF, 'Trenazher', Krasnodar, Soviet AF, 1964
- MiG-21F-13, 415, North Korean AF, May 1967
- MiG-21F-13, 10 FS, Syrian AF, 1969
- MiG-21F-13, USAF Evaluation Acft, early 1970s
- MiG-21FL, 30 Sqn, Indian AF, 1971
- MiG-21PFM, 369, San Antonia AB, Cuban AF
The decal printing is perfectly in register. The instructions are printed on two sheets that provide not only decal placement for each aircraft, but also a nice color reference for each aircraft as well. Decals include the distinctive aircraft markings as well as appropriate national markings.
My sincere thanks to Begemot Decals for this review sample!