Begemot 1/72 MiG-21 Fishbed Part 1 Decal First Look
|Date of Review||April 2006||Manufacturer||Begemot|
|Subject||MiG-21 Fishbed Part 1||Scale||1/72|
|Set Number||72018||Pros||Markings for 12 different aircraft|
Begemot Decals is an interesting decal company from Rostov-on-Don, Russia that offers a nice array of markings for Russian-built aircraft. In this release, they've provided a wealth of markings for the MiG-21 that spans the aircraft's lifespan.
There are 12 aircraft covered in this set:
- MiG-21F-13, 23, 32 Guards Ftr Regt, Kubinka AB, Soviet AF, June 1962
- MiG-21F-13, 23, FAR (Cuban AF), Santa Clara, December 1962
- J-7, 1856, Chinese AF
- MiG-21F-13, 28 Sqn, Indian AF, 1965
- MiG-21F-13, 2167, 14 Sqn, Indonesian AF, 1960s
- MiG-21F-13, 60, 95 Tng Sqn, Kroasnodar, Soviet AF, 1960s
- MiG-21PF, 'Trenazher', Krasnodar, Soviet AF, 1964
- MiG-21F-13, 415, North Korean AF, May 1967
- MiG-21F-13, 10 FS, Syrian AF, 1969
- MiG-21F-13, USAF Evaluation Acft, early 1970s
- MiG-21FL, 30 Sqn, Indian AF, 1971
- MiG-21PFM, 369, San Antonia AB, Cuban AF
The decal printing is perfectly in register. The instructions are printed on two sheets that provide not only decal placement for each aircraft, but also a nice color reference for each aircraft as well. Decals include the distinctive aircraft markings as well as appropriate national markings.
Begemot Decals are now available with free shipping in the US from HobbyZone USA. For more information about this set and the other releases from Begemot Decals, visit their website at http://www.begemotdecals.ru.
My sincere thanks to Begemot Decals for this review sample!