Begemot 1/72 MiG-21 Fishbed Part 2 Decal First Look
|Date of Review||April 2006||Manufacturer||Begemot|
|Subject||MiG-21 Fishbed Part 2||Scale||1/72|
|Set Number||72019||Pros||Markings for 11 different aircraft|
Begemot Decals is an interesting decal company from Rostov-on-Don, Russia that offers a nice array of markings for Russian-built aircraft. In this release, they've provided part two of a wealth of markings for the MiG-21 that spans the aircraft's lifespan.
There are 11 aircraft covered in this set:
- MiG-21PF, 1851, JG 8, East German AF, 1965
- MiG-21PF, 2408, 10 Ftr Regt, Polish AF, 1967
- MiG-21PF, 257, 31 IAP, Falkenberg AB, Soviet AF, East Germany, 1968
- MiG-21PF, 4326, 921 Ftr Regt, North Vietnamese AF, 1968
- MiG-21PFS, 104 Ftr Bde, Egyption AF, 1969
- MiG-21U-600, 275, JAG 15, East German AF, 1970s
- MiG-21PFM, 001, Mongolian AF, 1970s
- MiG-21PFM, 54, 235 GIAP, Kubinka AB, Soviet AF, 1967
- MiG-21PFM, 03, 136 Ftr-Bmr Regt, Kanahar AB, Soviet AF, 1980
- MiG-21PFM, 22+02, Dresden AB, German AF, 1992
- MiG-21PFM, 6122, 927 Ftr Regt, Da Nang AB, Vietnamese AF, 1974
The decal printing is perfectly in register. The instructions are printed on two sheets that provide not only decal placement for each aircraft, but also a nice color reference for each aircraft as well. Decals include the distinctive aircraft markings as well as appropriate national markings.
For more information about this set and the other releases from Begemot Decals, visit their website at http://www.begemotdecals.ru.
My sincere thanks to Begemot Decals for this review sample!