Begemot 1/72 MiG-21 Fishbed Part 3 Decal First Look
|Date of Review||April 2006||Manufacturer||Begemot|
|Subject||MiG-21 Fishbed Part 3||Scale||1/72|
|Set Number||72020||Pros||Markings for 12 different aircraft|
Begemot Decals is an interesting decal company from Rostov-on-Don, Russia that offers a nice array of markings for Russian-built aircraft. In this release, they've provided part three of a wealth of markings for the MiG-21 that spans the aircraft's lifespan.
There are 12 aircraft covered in this set:
- MiG-21SM, 18, 234 GIAP, Kubinka AB, Soviet AF, 1974, 'Komsomol Guarantee'
- MiG-21MF, 2500, 22 Ftr Regt, Caslav AB, Czech AF, May 2005, '45 Years of AFB Caslav'
- MiG-21SM, 17, 18 GAPIB, Golyonki AB, Soviet AF, 1984
- MiG-21R, 112, 352 Recon Sqn, Zaljava AB, Yugoslav AF, 1991
- MiG-21R, 39, 263 Recon Sqn, Bagram AB, Soviet AF, 1983
- MiG-21bis, 1 FS, Pieso AB, Croatian AF, 1993
- MiG-21bis, 03, prob 797 Tng Regt, Krasnodar, 1991
- MiG-21bis-SAU, 1904, 31 TFW, Taszar AB, Hungarian AF, 1993
- MiG-21bis, 40, 234 GIAP, Kubinka AB, Soviet AF, 1983, '17th Congress of Komsomol'
- MiG-21UM, 165, 1 FS, Pieso AB, Croatian AF, 1996
- MiG-21UM, 160, 706 Tng Regt, Volgograd, Soviet AF, 1986
- MiG-21UM, 116, 1 FS, Pieso AB, Croatian AF, 1998
The decal printing is perfectly in register. The instructions are printed on two sheets that provide not only decal placement for each aircraft, but also a nice color reference for each aircraft as well. Decals include the distinctive aircraft markings as well as appropriate national markings.
My sincere thanks to Begemot Decals for this review sample!