Begemot 1/72 MiG-21 Fishbed Part 3 Decal First Look
|Date of Review||April 2006||Manufacturer||Begemot|
|Subject||MiG-21 Fishbed Part 3||Scale||1/72|
|Set Number||72020||Pros||Markings for 12 different aircraft|
Begemot Decals is an interesting decal company from Rostov-on-Don, Russia that offers a nice array of markings for Russian-built aircraft. In this release, they've provided part three of a wealth of markings for the MiG-21 that spans the aircraft's lifespan.
There are 12 aircraft covered in this set:
- MiG-21SM, 18, 234 GIAP, Kubinka AB, Soviet AF, 1974, 'Komsomol Guarantee'
- MiG-21MF, 2500, 22 Ftr Regt, Caslav AB, Czech AF, May 2005, '45 Years of AFB Caslav'
- MiG-21SM, 17, 18 GAPIB, Golyonki AB, Soviet AF, 1984
- MiG-21R, 112, 352 Recon Sqn, Zaljava AB, Yugoslav AF, 1991
- MiG-21R, 39, 263 Recon Sqn, Bagram AB, Soviet AF, 1983
- MiG-21bis, 1 FS, Pieso AB, Croatian AF, 1993
- MiG-21bis, 03, prob 797 Tng Regt, Krasnodar, 1991
- MiG-21bis-SAU, 1904, 31 TFW, Taszar AB, Hungarian AF, 1993
- MiG-21bis, 40, 234 GIAP, Kubinka AB, Soviet AF, 1983, '17th Congress of Komsomol'
- MiG-21UM, 165, 1 FS, Pieso AB, Croatian AF, 1996
- MiG-21UM, 160, 706 Tng Regt, Volgograd, Soviet AF, 1986
- MiG-21UM, 116, 1 FS, Pieso AB, Croatian AF, 1998
The decal printing is perfectly in register. The instructions are printed on two sheets that provide not only decal placement for each aircraft, but also a nice color reference for each aircraft as well. Decals include the distinctive aircraft markings as well as appropriate national markings.
For more information about this set and the other releases from Begemot Decals, visit their website at http://www.begemotdecals.ru.
My sincere thanks to Begemot Decals for this review sample!