Bullseye Model Aviation 1/48 F-15B/C/D Guard Eagles Decal First Look
|Date of Review||February 2016||Manufacturer||Bullseye Model Aviation|
|Subject||F-15B/C/D Guard Eagles||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48002||Pros||14 Eagle options|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Bullseye Model Aviation is a new name in the decal business but not new to the decal business. There are a few familiar names behind Bullseye including Scott Brown who previously led Afterburner Decals. The same quality of graphics and decal art you found with Afterburner Decals are back under this new banner. Unlike Afterburner Decals however, this brand is exclusively sold through Sprue Brothers only.
In this release, Bullseye provides an interesting selection of F-15B/C/D Eagles of the USAF Air National Guard. The aircraft in this set each have their distinctive state/unit markings on the aircraft and several examples show how some of the F-15 airframes released from the deactivated 65th Aggressor Squadron at Nellis appeared after they were transfered to their new ANG units, before they were eventually repainted in standard gray camouflage.
The aircraft presented here include:
- F-15C, 78-0547, 114 FS/OR ANG, Kingsley Field, 2012
- F-15C, 78-0502, 114 FS/OR ANG, Kingsley Field, 2014, desert aggressor camo
- F-15C, 82-0013, 114 FS/OR ANG, Kingsley Field, 2011
- F-15C, 85-0102, 122 FS/LA ANG, JRB New Orleans, 2012
- F-15C, 84-0014, 194 FS/CA ANG, Fresno ANGB, 2014
- F-15C, 78-0480, 194 FS/CA ANG, Fresno ANGB, 2014, desert aggressor camo
- F-15B, 76-0142, 123 FS/OR ANG, Portland ANGB, 2009
- F-15C, 78-0492, 123 FS/OR ANG, Portland ANGB, 2009
- F-15C, 80-0048, 186 FS/MT ANG, Great Falls ANGB, 2012
- F-15D, 85-0129, 186 FS/MT ANG, Great Falls ANGB, 2012, desert aggressor camo
- F-15C, 81-0025, 110 FS/MO ANG, Lambert IAP, 2006
- F-15C, 85-0125, 131 FS/MA ANG, Barnes ANGB, 2012
- F-15C, 84-0020, 123 FS/OR ANG, Portland ANGB, 2011
- F-15B, 76-0125, 159 FS/FL ANG, Jacksonville ANGB, 2006
This set provides maintenance stencils and markings to replicate at least four examples in 1/48 scale (and if you use some of the stencils from the kits, you can do more!).
The sheets are printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. What's more, none of these decals require the modeler to stack multiple layers of markings atop one another to recreate artwork. This trend by some other decal companies of producing multiple-layer decals is unfortunate as it puts the burden on you to do the work of what should have been done by the decal maker.
My sincere thanks to Bullseye Model Aviation for this review sample!