Caracal Models 1/48 F-100C/D/F Air National Guard Decal First Look
|Date of Review||October 2011||Manufacturer||Caracal Models|
|Subject||F-100C/D/F Air National Guard||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48003||Pros||Ten nice subject selections|
|Cons||See text||Skill Level||Novice|
Here is the latest decal release from Caracal Models, this time for Monogram 1/48 F-100D or the Trumpeter 1/48 F-100C, F-100D and F-100F kits. This set provides a nice variety of subjects for the modeler to choose from. The ten aircraft presented in this set include:
- F-100D-25-NA, 55-3665, 118 TFS/CT ANG
- F-100D-70-NA, 56-3093, 128 TFS/GA ANG
- F-100D-65-NA, 56-2979, 113 TFS/IN ANG, 'City of Terre Haute'
- F-100D-50-NH, 55-2877, 110 TFS/MO ANG
- F-100D-90-NA, 56-3327, 110 TFS/MO ANG
- F-100C-1-NA, 54-1755, 110 TFS/MO ANG
- F-100F-5-NA, 56-3769, 118 TFS/CT ANG
- F-100F-5-NA, 56-3752, 128 TFS/GA ANG
- F-100F-10-NH, 56-3795, 113 TFS/IN ANG
- F-100F-5-NA, 56-3742, 110 TFS/MO ANG
The markings are sharp and in perfect register. The decals are printed by Microscale.
One note of caution though - the profiles all depict the aircraft with the standard afterburner nozzle for the F-100 though many of these subjects had been refitted with the more reliable nozze from the F-102. Check your references as the Monogram F-100D and Trumpeter F-100C kits provide the F-102 nozzle as an option (don't ask me why these weren't in the other two kits...).
For more information about this set and the other releases from Caracal Models, visit their website at http://caracalmodels.com.
My sincere thanks to Caracal Models for this review sample!