Caracal Models 1/48 SA-16A Albatross USAF/USCG Decal First Look
|Date of Review||July 2014||Manufacturer||Caracal Models|
|Subject||SA-16A Albatross USAF/USCG||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48047||Pros||Six colorful options|
|Cons||Nothing noted||Skill Level||Basic|
Here is the latest release from Caracal Models designed for the Trumpeter 1/48 HU-16 Albatross kit. This set provides markings for six aircraft in US Air Force and US Coast Guard service. This is one of the first sets I've seen that is printed by both Cartograf and Microscale. The sheet with the USCG lettering and walkways were printed by Microscale.
The six examples included here:
- SA-16A, 51-7184, Air/Sea Rescue, USAF, 1955
- SA-16A, 51-0471, 74 ARS, Ladd AFB, USAF, Alaska, 1957
- SA-16A, 51-024, Air/Sea Rescue, K-3 AB, USAF, Korea, 1953
- SA-16A, 51-061, 3 ARG, USAF, Japan, 1953
- SA-16A, 51-5296, 135 ACS/MD ANG, 1963 (all black airframe)
- UF-1G, 1261, US Coast Guard, 1953
For more information about this set and the other releases from Caracal Models, visit their website at http://caracalmodels.com.
My sincere thanks to Caracal Models for this review sample!