Cutting Edge Decals 1/32 Hawk 75 Part 1 First Look
|Date of Review||March 2005||Manufacturer||Cutting Edge Decals|
|Subject||Hawk 75 Part 1||Scale||1/32|
|Set Number||CED32063||Pros||Just in time for the Cutting Edge Conversion|
|Cons||Out of Production||Skill Level||Basic|
|MSRP (USD)||Out of Production|
Cutting Edge has released their Hawk 75 decal set in 1/32 scale for their Hawk 75 conversion to the Trumpeter 1/32 P-40B kit. This set is provided on two sheets with markings for six aircraft:
- Hawk 75A-8, 'Little Norway' Base Camp, Ontario Island, Canada, Norwegian AF, 1942
- Hawk 75A-8,Kjeller AB, Oslo, Norwegian AF, 1940
- Hawk 75A-8, 3/LeLv 32, Finnish AF, Mar 1944
- Hawk 75A-8, 1/LeLv 12, Finnish AF, Jul 1941
- Hawk 75A-7, Netherlands East Indies, 1941
- Mohawk IV, 155 Sqn, SEAC, India, Dec 1943
This set also includes the relevant national markings for one aircraft along with the appropriate propeller markings and stenciling. Three sheets of Black Magic masks are included to help render the Netherland East Indies triangles as well as the overwing Norwegian markings.
The instructions include nice full-color side and top profiles to illustrate decal placement and relevant color schemes as well as scrap underside markings for under-wing marking placements. Highly recommended!
My sincere thanks to Meteor Productions for this review sample! They are unfortunately no longer in business.