Delta One 1/32 American G-6s Decal First Look
|Date of Review||August 2014||Manufacturer||Delta One|
|Subject||American Bf 109G-6s||Scale||1/32|
|Set Number||-||Pros||Nine captured examples|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Delta One is a new company (to me at least) producing an interesting range of subjects. In this release, we have a selection of nine Bf 109G-6 aircraft that were captured by USAAF units, some of which were brought back to the US for flight test. This set is provided on two decal sheets and Delta One also provided the same subjects in 1/48 and 1/72 (one sheet each below) though I believe these are sold separately.
This subjects in this release include:
- Bf 109G-6/Trop, W.Nr unknown, formerly Yellow 16 of 9./JG 77 turned squadron hack for the 325 FG
- Bf 109G-6/Trop, W.Nr 16416, formerly White 8 of 4.Staffel/JG 77 sent stateside for flight test
- Bf 109G-6/Trop, W.Nr 18098, formerly 154 Squadriglia turned into a canopy-less two-seater by the 57 FG (early color scheme)
- Bf 109G-6/Trop, W.Nr 18098, formerly 154 Squadriglia turned into a canopy-less two-seater by the 57 FG (late color scheme)
- Bf 109G-6/Trop, W.Nr 19096, formerly 154 Squadriglia turned into squadron hack for the 57 FG
- Bf 109G-6/Trop, W.Nr unknown, formerly Luftwaffe example turned into squadron hack for the 57 FG
- Bf 109G-6/Trop, W.Nr unknown, also restored for the 57 FG aero club
- Bf 109G-6/R6/Trop, W.Nr 15270, formerly Yellow 14 of 6./JG 53
- Bf 109G-6/R3, W.Nr 160756, formerly Yellow 4 of 3./JG 4, sent stateside for flight test, now on display at the National Air and Space Museum as White 2
This is another interesting release from Delta One and will work on your favorite Bf 109G-6 kit in 1/32 scale including Revell, Trumpeter, and Hasegawa. As of the date of this first look, Delta One's website is not yet online but you can contact them via email at Delta1decal@gmail.com for pricing and ordering information.
My sincere thanks to Delta One for this review sample!