Furball Aero-Design 1/48 Low-Viz Rhinos Decal First Look
|Date of Review||June 2012||Manufacturer||Furball Aero-Design|
|Set Number||48004||Pros||Ten low-vilisbility USN/USMC F-4 Phantom IIs|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Furball Aero-Design has released their latest decal super set, this time around for your choice of Hasegawa 1/48 F-4 Phantom II kits. You definitely have some nice options to choose from.
The examples presented here include:
- RF-4B, 153108, VMFP-3, RF/120, USS Midway, 1981
- F-4N, 151514, VF-21, NK/201, USS Coral Sea, 1983
- F-4S, 153877, VF-74, AA/101, USS Forrestal, 1982
- F-4J, 157281, VF-102, AE/101, USS Independence, 1982
- F-4S, 153877, VF-103, AE/201, USS Forrestal, 1982
- F-4N, 153066, VF-154, NK/100, USS Coral Sea, 1983
- F-4S, 153827, VF-151, NF/200, USS Midway, 1986
- F-4S, 155528, VF-171, AD/215, 1983
- F-4S, 155764, VMFA-235, DB/02, 1990
- F-4S, 155900, VMFA-321, MG/12, 1988
The sheet is printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. What's more, none of these decals require the modeler to stack multiple layers of markings atop one another to recreate artwork. This trend by some other decal companies of producing multiple-layer decals is unfortunate as it puts the burden on you to do the work of what should have been done by the decal maker.
This set provides two complete sets of airframe markings to replicate at least two kits (and if you use some of the stencils from the kits, you can do more!). This set comes on one large and one medium-sized sheet and you can see that there is little wasted space in the decal printing!
My sincere thanks to Furball Aero-Design for this review sample!