Furball Aero-Design 1/48 A-4 Low Viz Devil Dog Scooters Decal First Look
|Date of Review||October 2015||Manufacturer||Furball Aero-Design|
|Subject||A-4 Low Viz Devil Dog Scooters||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48010||Pros||16 distinctive subjects|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Furball Aero-Design has reissued their impressive 1/48 scale A-4 Skyhawk decal super set which provides a great selection of US Marine Corps Skyhawks. These decals will work with a variety of A-4 kits from Hasegawa, Monogram, Classic Airframes, etc. This set provides 16 different subjects complete with airframe stenciling and walkways enough for two kits.
- A-4F, 149985, QR/50, VMA-322, 1982
- A-4M, 160036, VL/03, VMA-331, 1982
- A-4M, 158186, WL/02, VMA-311, 1984
- A-4F, 155028, ME/16, VMA-142, 1985
- A-4M, 159780, CF/01, VMA-211, 1989
- A-4M, 160030, WE/01, VMA-214, 1989
- A-4M, 160024, QG/00, VMA-131, 1993
- OA-4M, 154335, YU/7, H&MS-13, 1980
- OA-4M, 152856, WA/00, H&MS-12, 1984
- OA-4M, 153507, DA/00, H&MS-32, 1984
- TA-4J, 158482, QR/01, VMA-322, 1986
- OA-4M, 154620, TM/02, H&MS-11, 1988
- OA-4M, 154638, WA/01, H&MS-12, 1989
- OA-4M, 154306, DA/01, H&MS-32, 1990
- OA-4M, 154628, DA/04, H&MS-32, 1987
- OA-4M, 154306, DA/01, H&MS-32, 1987
The sheet is printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. What's more, none of these decals require the modeler to stack multiple layers of markings atop one another to recreate artwork. This trend by some other decal companies of producing multiple-layer decals is unfortunate as it puts the burden on you to do the work of what should have been done by the decal maker.
My sincere thanks to Furball Aero-Design for this review sample!