Furball Aero-Design 1/48 F-4B/N Air Wing All-Stars Part 2 Decal First Look
|Date of Review||July 2015||Manufacturer||Furball Aero-Design|
|Subject||F-4B/N Air Wing All-Stars Part 2||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48019||Pros||Seven colorful subjects|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Furball Aero-Design has reissued their decal super set with a great selection of US Navy F-4B/N CAG aircraft for the outstanding Academy 1/48 F-4B Phantom II kit. This set provides seven different subjects complete with airframe stenciling and walkways enough for two kits. This set will also work with the Hasegawa kit.
- F-4B, 152965, VF-11, AA/100, USS Forrestal, 1973
- F-4B, 150407, VF-41, AG/100, USS Independence, 1964
- F-4B, 151506, VF-84, AG/200, USS Independence, 1964
- F-4B, 150438, VF-84, AE/200, USS Roosevelt, 1975
- F-4B, 151409, VF-95, NG/200, USS Ranger, 1964
- F-4B, 153059, VF-151, NF/200, USS Midway, 1973
- F-4N, 152254, VF-202, AF/200, CVWR-20, 1977
The sheet is printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. What's more, none of these decals require the modeler to stack multiple layers of markings atop one another to recreate artwork. This trend by some other decal companies of producing multiple-layer decals is unfortunate as it puts the burden on you to do the work of what should have been done by the decal maker.
My sincere thanks to Furball Aero-Design for this review sample!