Furball Aero-Design 1/48 A-3 Killer Whales Part 1 Decal First Look
|Date of Review||October 2013||Manufacturer||Furball Aero-Design|
|Subject||A-3 Killer Whales Part 1||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48022||Pros||Ten colorful subjects|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Furball Aero-Design has released their latest decal super set, this time providing part one of a great selection of US Navy A-3 Skywarrior subjects for the recent Trumpeter 1/48 A3D Skywarrior kit. This set provides options for 10 different subjects complete with airframe stenciling and walkways enough for two kits.
- A3D-1 135415, VAH-1, TB/4, USS Shangri-La, 1956
- A3D-1 135436, VAH-2, BF/6, 1956
- A-3B 147655, VAH-2, NE/604, USS Coral Sea, 1956
- A3D-2 138964, VAH-9, AC/00, USS Saratoga, 1958, CAG aircraft
- A-3B 142664, VAH-11, AB/602, USS Roosevelt, 1964
- RA-3B 144847, VAP-61, 1966
- A3D-2 135432, VAH-3, GJ/202, 1963
- A3D-2 142661, VAH-6, AJ/601, USS Forrestal, 1960
- A3D-2 138961, VAH-6, AJ/607, USS Forrestal, 1964
- RA-3B 144840, VAP-61, 1968
The sheet is printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. What's more, none of these decals require the modeler to stack multiple layers of markings atop one another to recreate artwork. This trend by some other decal companies of producing multiple-layer decals is unfortunate as it puts the burden on you to do the work of what should have been done by the decal maker.
My sincere thanks to Furball Aero-Design for this review sample!