Furball Aero-Design 1/48 F/A-18E/F Super Hornet Air Wing All-Stars Decal First Look
|Date of Review||November 2013||Manufacturer||Furball Aero-Design|
|Subject||F/A-18E/F Super Hornet Air Wing All-Stars||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48023||Pros||Five colorful subjects|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Furball Aero-Design has released their latest decal super set, this time providing a colorful set of subjects for your favorite 1/48 F/A-18E or F/A-18F Super Hornet kit (though these are sized for the Hasegawa kits). This set provides options for five different subjects complete with airframe stenciling and walkways enough for two kits.
- F/A-18E, 166957, VX-9, XE/111, NAS China Lake, 2013
- F/A-18F, 166980, VX-9, XE/222, NAS China Lake, 2013
- F/A-18F, 166620, VFA-103, AG/200, USS Eisenhower, CAG aircraft, 2013
- F/A-18F, 165796, NSAWC, Strike/101, NAS Fallon, 2012
- F/A-18F, 165541, USNTPS, USNTPS/00, NAS Patuxent River, 2013
The sheet is printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. What's more, none of these decals require the modeler to stack multiple layers of markings atop one another to recreate artwork. This trend by some other decal companies of producing multiple-layer decals is unfortunate as it puts the burden on you to do the work of what should have been done by the decal maker.
My sincere thanks to Furball Aero-Design for this review sample!