Furball Aero-Design 1/48 F/A-18E/F Super Hornet Air Wing All-Stars Part Two Decal First Look
|Date of Review||November 2013||Manufacturer||Furball Aero-Design|
|Subject||F/A-18E/F Super Hornet Air Wing All-Stars Part Two||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48024||Pros||Five colorful CAG aircraft|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Furball Aero-Design has released their second installment in their 1/48 scale Super Hornet Air Wing All-Stars series, this one covering five very colorful Super Hornets sized for the Hasegawa kits. All five aircraft are covered in this release are all Air Wing Commander (CAG) aircraft and there are 1.5 decal sheets to do the job.
The examples presented here include:
- F/A-18E, 166830, VFA-81, NA/200, USS Carl Vinson, 2013, CAG aircraft
- F/A-18F, 166620, VFA-103, AG/200, USS Dwight D. Eisenhower, 2012, CAG aircraft
- F/A-18E, 165897, VFA-137, NE/200, USS Abraham Lincoln, 2012, CAG aircraft
- F/A-18E, 166437, VFA-147, NH/200, USS Nimitz, 2013, CAG aircraft
- F/A-18F, 166873, VFA-154, NH/100, USS Nimitz, 2013, CAG aircraft
This set provides two sets of airframe markings to replicate two examples. This set comes on one large and one medium-sized sheet and you can see that there is little wasted space in the decal printing!
The sheet is printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. What's more, none of these decals require the modeler to stack multiple layers of markings atop one another to recreate artwork. This trend by some other decal companies of producing multiple-layer decals is unfortunate as it puts the burden on you to do the work of what should have been done by the decal maker.
Grab your Hasegawa kit, it is time to build one of these!
My sincere thanks to Furball Aero-Design for this review sample!