Furball Aero-Design 1/48 Electric Intruders - EA-6A in USN/USMC Service Decal First Look
|Date of Review||February 2014||Manufacturer||Furball Aero-Design|
|Subject||Electric Intruders - EA-6A in USN/USMC Service||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48027||Pros||Options for 11 different aircraft|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Here is the second of three new Grumman A-6 series sheets produced by Furball Aero-Design. This set provides a cross-section of EA-6A Intruders in different time periods with the US Navy and US Marine Corps. The set is printed on one large sheets of decal and covers 11 different aircraft.
The examples presented here include:
- EA-6A, 156986, VMCJ-1, RM/6, Da Nang AB, 1971
- EA-6A, 156984, VMCJ-1, RM/624, USS Midway, 1975
- EA-6A, 156992, VMCJ-2, AA/612, USS Forrestal, 1971
- EA-6A, 156991, VMCJ-2, AC/610, USS Saratoga, 1971
- EA-6A, 148616, VMCJ-2, CY/01, MCAS Cherry Point, 1974
- EA-6A, 156989, VMAQ-2, CY/18, 1978
- EA-6A, 147865, VMCJ-3, TN/16, 1975
- EA-6A, 151599, VMAQ-4, RM/04, 1982
- EA-6A, 156988, VAQ-33, GD/14, 1983
- EA-6A, 156983, VAQ-209, AF/701, 1981
- EA-6A, 156991, VAQ-309, ND/610, 1982
This set provides two sets of airframe markings to replicate two examples. The sheet is printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. At present, the only kit of the 1/48 EA-6A is the Revell-Monogram offering which was recently reissued.
My sincere thanks to Furball Aero-Design for this review sample!