Furball Aero-Design 1/48 F-35 Anthology JSF Part One Decal First Look
|Date of Review||February 2015||Manufacturer||Furball Aero-Design|
|Subject||F-35 Anthology JSF Part One||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48038||Pros||Options for nine subjects|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Furball Aero-Design has released part one of their coverage of the new F-35 Lightning II. Sized for the Kitty Hawk 1/48 F-35A kit, this set provides marking options for nine aircraft with airframe stencils enough for two complete models.
This set includes nine subjects:
- F-35A, 08-0747, 58 FS/33 FW, Eglin AFB, Wing CC's aircraft
- F-35A, 08-0746, 58 FS/33 FW, Eglin AFB, Squadron CC's aircraft
- F-35A, 09-5007, 422 TES/53 W, Nellis AFB, Weapon's Center CC's aircraft
- F-35A, 10-5009, 422 TES/53 W, Nellis AFB, Squadron CC's aircraft
- F-35A, 09-5004, 31 TES/53 W, Edwards AFB, Squadron CC's aircraft
- F-35A, 07-0744, 461 FLTS/412 TW, Eduards AFB, Squadron CC's aircraft
- F-35A, 11-5035, 61 FS/56 FW, Luke AFB
- F-35A, A35-001 (12-5060), 2 OCU, Royal Australian AF
- F-35A, F-001 (09-5006), Royal Netherlands AF
The sheet is printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. What's more, none of these decals require the modeler to stack multiple layers of markings atop one another to recreate artwork. This trend by some other decal companies of producing multiple-layer decals is unfortunate as it puts the burden on you to do the work of what should have been done by the decal maker.
My sincere thanks to Furball Aero-Design for this review sample!