Furball Aero-Design 1/48 F-35 Anthology JSF Part Two Decal First Look
|Date of Review||February 2015||Manufacturer||Furball Aero-Design|
|Subject||F-35 Anthology JSF Part Two||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48039||Pros||Options for ten subjects|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Furball Aero-Design has released part two of their coverage of the F-35 Lightning II. Sized for the Kitty Hawk 1/48 F-35B and F-35C kits, this set provides marking options for ten aircraft with airframe stencils enough for two complete models.
This set includes ten subjects:
- F-35B, 168717, VMX-22, MV/05, Edwards AFB
- F-35B, 168720, VMFA-121, VK/02, MCAS Yuma
- F-35B, 168314, 461 FLTS, ED/18, Edwards AFB
- F-35B, 168057, VMFAT-501, VM/01, Eglin AFB, Commander's aircraft
- F-35B, 168059, VMFAT-501, VM/03, Eglin AFB
- F-35C, CF-03, VX-23, SD/73, NAS Patuxent River
- F-35C, CF-05, VX-23, SD/75, NAS Patuxent River
- F-35C, 168733, VFA-101, NJ/101, Eglin AFB, Skipper's aircraft
- F-35C, 168736, VFA-101, NJ/103, Eglin AFB
- F-35B, ZM137, Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm, Eglin AFB
The sheet is printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. What's more, none of these decals require the modeler to stack multiple layers of markings atop one another to recreate artwork. This trend by some other decal companies of producing multiple-layer decals is unfortunate as it puts the burden on you to do the work of what should have been done by the decal maker.
My sincere thanks to Furball Aero-Design for this review sample!