Furball Aero-Design/Detail & Scale 1/48 Cougar Trainer CAGs Decal First Look
|Date of Review||October 2014||Manufacturer||Furball Aero-Design/Detail & Scale|
|Subject||Cougar Trainer CAGs||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||72001||Pros||New collaboration, colorful subjects|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Furball Aero-Design has a new collaboration with Detail & Scale and their first release covers the F9F-8T/TF-9J 'Twogar' (two seat Cougar) as recently released by Kitty Hawk Models in 1/48 scale. This set provides a nice collection of 'boss birds' which are a little more colorful than the average training aircraft.
These nine subjects in this set include:
- TF-9J, 147371, VT-24, 3K/400, NAS Chase Field, 1968
- F9F-8T, 142526, VT-24, 3K/200, NAS Chase Field, 1961
- TF-9J, 147414, VT-25, 3J/500, NAS Chase Field, 1968
- TF-9J, 146395, VT-25, 3L/000, NAS Chase Field, 1967
- TF-9J, 147299, VT-26, 3L/600, NAS Chase Field, 1968
- TF-9J, 147274, VT-26, 3L/600, NAS Chase Field, 1969
- TF-9J, 147312, CVW-12, NJ/00, NAS Miramar, 1964
- F9F-8T, 147372, CVG-12, NJ/00, NAS Miramar, 1960
- TF-9J, 147339, VA-45, AD/600, NAS Cecil Field, 1967
The sheet is printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. What's more, none of these decals require the modeler to stack multiple layers of markings atop one another to recreate artwork. This trend by some other decal companies of producing multiple-layer decals is unfortunate as it puts the burden on you to do the work of what should have been done by the decal maker.
My sincere thanks to Furball Aero-Design/Detail & Scale for this review sample!