Furball Aero-Design/Detail & Scale 1/48 Cougar Trainers Decal First Look
|Date of Review||October 2014||Manufacturer||Furball Aero-Design/Detail & Scale|
|Set Number||48002||Pros||New collaboration, colorful subjects|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Furball Aero-Design has a new collaboration with Detail & Scale and their second release covers the F9F-8T/TF-9J 'Twogar' (two seat Cougar) as recently released by Kitty Hawk Models in 1/48 scale. This set provides a nice collection of colorful training aircraft.
These eleven subjects in this set include:
- F9F-8T, 147317, VMT-1, BE/16, MCAS Cherry Point, 1962
- TF-9J, 147276, VT-10, 2N/016 , NAS Pensacola, 1973
- TF-9J, 142523, VT-21, 3E/143, NAS Kingsville, 1969
- TF-9J, 142965, VT-22, 3F/242, NAS Kingsville, 1968
- TF-9J, 147300, VT-23, 3H/326, NAS Kingsville, 1969
- TF-9J, 142479, VT-24, 3K/415, NAS Chase Field, 1964
- TF-9J, 142979, VT-25, 3J/510, NAS Chase Field, 1966
- TF-9J, 142965, VT-26, 3L/642, NAS Chase Field, 1968
- TF-9J, 146351, VA-43, AD/302, NAS Oceana, 1967
- F9F-8T, 142471, VF-111, NA/199, NAS Miramar, 1957
- TF-9J, 147289 VA-127, NJ/703, NAS Lemoore, 1965
The sheet is printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. What's more, none of these decals require the modeler to stack multiple layers of markings atop one another to recreate artwork. This trend by some other decal companies of producing multiple-layer decals is unfortunate as it puts the burden on you to do the work of what should have been done by the decal maker.
My sincere thanks to Furball Aero-Design/Detail & Scale for this review sample!