Furball Aero-Design/Detail & Scale 1/48 Screamn' Demons Part Two Decal First Look
|Date of Review||July 2015||Manufacturer||Furball Aero-Design/Detail & Scale|
|Subject||Screamn' Demons Part Two||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||48007||Pros||Colorful subjects for the Hobby Boss kit|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Novice|
Furball Aero-Design continues its collaboration with Detail & Scale and this release covers the McDonnell F3H Demon. This set provides markings for seven colorful examples from various U.S. Navy squadrons and designed for the 1/48th scale Hobby Boss kit.
The seven subjects in this set include:
- F3H-2M, 137056, VF-112, NH/210, NAS Miramar, 1957
- F3H-2, 137001, VF-122, NG/405, USS Ticonderoga, 1957
- F3H-2N, 133610, VF-124, D/211, NAS Miramar, 1956
- F3H-2, 143487, VF-131, AE/110, USS Constellation, 1962
- F-3B, 146735, VF-151, NL/101, USS Coral Sea, 1962
- F3H-2, 143438, VF-161, AH-101, USS Oriskany, 1962
- F3H-2, 143457, VF-193, NM/308, USS Bon Homme Richard, 1962
The sheet is printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. What's more, none of these decals require the modeler to stack multiple layers of markings atop one another to recreate artwork. This trend by some other decal companies of producing multiple-layer decals is unfortunate as it puts the burden on you to do the work of what should have been done by the decal maker.
My sincere thanks to Furball Aero-Design/Detail & Scale for this review sample!