FCM Decals 1/144 F-14A Tomcat Sundowners Decal First Look
|Date of Review||June 2010||Manufacturer||FCM Decals|
|Subject||F-14A Tomcat VF-111||Scale||1/144|
|Set Number||14432||Pros||Six colorful airframes|
|Cons||Nothing noted||Skill Level||Basic|
FCM Decals has an interesting line of aftermarket decals from Brazil. The subjects covered in this line include many Brazilian civil and military aircraft subjects, WWI aircraft, and the occasional look at the aircraft of other nations as well. FCM has released this nice set for six Sundowners' F-14A Tomcats.
In this set, there are three F-14A Tomcats to choose from:
- F-14A-100-GR, 160673, VF-111, NL/203, USS Kittyhawk, 1978
- F-14A-100-GR, 160664, VF-111, NL/213, USS Kittyhawk, 1982
- F-14A-100-GR, 160686, VF-111, NL/212, USS Kittyhawk, 1981
- F-14A-100-GR, 160668, VF-111, NL/213, USS Carl Vinson, 1986
- F-14A-110-GR, 161152, VF-111, NL/200, USS Carl Vinson, 1988, CAG aircraft
- F-14A-135-GR, 162594, VF-111, NL/200, USS Kitty Hawk, 1991, CAG aircraft
The printing on this sheet is nicely done, and printed by Microscale. There are sufficient stencils on this sheet for all six aircraft. According to the instructions, this set was designed for the Revell/Germany kit 04029.
For a list of retailers that carry the FCM Decal series, look here.
Thanks to FCM Decals for this review sample.