FCM Decals 1/72 Albatros D.III/D.V Decal First Look
|Date Review||December 2012||Manufacturer||FCM Decals|
|Kit Number||72016||Pros||Ten colorful airframes|
|Cons||Nothing noted||Skill Level||Basic|
FCM Decals has an interesting line of aftermarket decals from Brazil. The subjects covered in this line include many Brazilian civil and military aircraft subjects, WWI aircraft, and the occasional look at the aircraft of other nations as well. This latest release covers World War I, in particular ten colorful Albatros D.III and D.V examples which include:
- Albatros D.Va, Jasta 46W, 'Stropp', 1918, as flown by Erich Guergenz
- Albatros D.Va, Jasta 5, 1918, as flown by Wilhelm Gueeke
- Albatros D.III(OAW), Jasta 50, 1918, as flown by Wfw. Wittfeld
- Albatros D.V, Jasta 16b, 1917, as flown by Otto Kissenberth
- Albatros D.V, Jasta 37, 1917, as flown by Ernst Udet
- Albatros D.III, Jasta 32b, 'KP', 1917, as flown by Kurt Petzinia
- Albatros D.III, Jasta 37, 1917, as flown by Ernst Udet
- Albatros D.III(OEF), Flik 24, 1917, as flown by Karl Bedoe
- Albatros D.III(OEF), Flik 41j, 1917, as flown by Godwin Brumowski
- Albatros D.III, Jasta 28W, 1917, as flown by Karl Emil Schaefer
The printing on this sheet is nicely done, and printed by Microscale. There are sufficient stencils on this sheet for one aircraft.
For a list of retailers that carry the FCM Decal series, look here.
Thanks to FCM Decal for this review sample.