Foxbot 1/48 Yak-1b Decal First Look
|Date of Review||May 2018||Manufacturer||Foxbot|
|Set Number||48003||Pros||Six colorful nose art subjects|
|Cons||See text||Skill Level||Experienced|
|MSRP (USD)||$17.95 w/free shipping|
Foxbot Decals is a decal company from Kiev, Ukraine, that specializes in replicating those interesting Ukrainian Air Force subjects currently in service as well as an array of Soviet WW2 subjects. In this release, we have six distinctive options for the Accurate Miniatures/Eduard or Modelsvit 1/48 Yak-1b kit. Let's take a look:
The subjects in this set include:
- Yak-1b, Bort 42, 910 IAP/101 IAD, Borisoglebsk, 1943, as flown by Capt N.A. Kozlov
- Yak-1b, Bort 5, 427 IAP/294 IAD, Kharkov, 1943, as flown by Lt P.M. Chuvilgov
- Yak-1b, Bort 4, 291 IAP/265 IAD, Winter 1943/44
- Yak-1b, Bort 47, 156 GIAP, 1943, as flown by Lt.Col Ya.N. Kutihin
- Yak-1b, Bort 4, 291 IAP, Factory 292 Special, Saratov, 1943, as flown by V.I. Shishkin
- Yak-1b, Bort 23, Normandy Regt/303 IAD, Monastyrshchin, 1943
This set is produced on one sheets of decals that provide the national markings as well as distinctive subject markings. The instructions are nicely done with clear placement of the markings. Whether you have the Zvezda or the Eduard reboxing of this kit, these decals will provide some interesting subjects for your scale flightline.
This release is available with free shipping from HobbyZone USA.
My sincere thanks to HobbyZone USA for this sample!