Foxbot 1/48 Yak-1B Decal First Look
|Date of Review||October 2017||Manufacturer||Foxbot|
|Set Number||48003||Pros||Six colorful nose art subjects|
|Cons||See text||Skill Level||Experienced|
Foxbot Decals is new (to me) decal company from Kiev, Ukraine, that specializes in replicating those interesting Ukrainian Air Force subjects currently in service as well as an array of Soviet WW2 subjects. In this release, we have six distinctive options for the Accurate Miniatures/Eduard or Modelsvit 1/48 Yak-1b kit. Let's take a look:
The subjects in this set include:
- Yak-1B, Bort 42, 910 IAP/101 IAD, Borisoglebsk, 1943, as flown by Capt N.A. Kozlov
- Yak-1B, Bort 5, 427 IAP/294 IAD, Kharkov, 1943, as flown by Lt P.M. Chuvilgov
- Yak-1B, Bort 4, 291 IAP/265 IAD, Winter 1943/44
- Yak-1B, Bort 47, 156 GIAP, 1943, as flown by Lt.Col Ya.N. Kutihin
- Yak-1B, Bort 4, 291 IAP, Factory 292 Special, Saratov, 1943, as flown by V.I. Shishkin
- Yak-1B, Bort 23, Normandy Regt/303 IAD, Monastyrshchin, 1943
This set is produced on one sheets of decals that provide the national markings as well as distinctive subject markings. The instructions are nicely done with clear placement of the markings. Whether you have the Zvezda or the Eduard reboxing of this kit, these decals will provide some interesting subjects for your scale flightline.
My sincere thanks to Foxbot Decals for this review sample!