Speed Hunter Graphics 1/48 Test Vipers Decal First Look
|Date of Review||May 2014||Manufacturer||Speed Hunter Graphics|
|Set Number||48005||Pros||Nine Viper options|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Basic|
Speed Hunter Graphics is back with their latest release, this covering a nice cross-section of USAF F-16C/D test aircraft schemes for the 1/48 Tamiya kit.
The nine examples presented here include:
- F-16C Block 30, 85-1560, 445 FLTS, Edwards AFB, Jan 2014
- F-16C Block 30, 86-0371, 445 FLTS, Edwards AFB, Jan 2014
- F-16C Block 30, 86-0371, 445 FLTS, Edwards AFB, Feb 2010
- F-16D Block 40, 87-0391, 445 FLTS, Edwards AFB, Feb 2010
- F-16C Block 25, 83-1163, 40 FLTS, Eglin AFB, Feb 2008
- F-16C Block 50, 98-0004, 85 TES, Eglin AFB, Feb 2014
- F-16C Block 50, 98-0005, 85 TES, Eglin AFB, Feb 2012
- F-16D Block 40, 90-0799, 85 TES, Eglin AFB, Feb 2012
- F-16C Block 50, 91-0391, 148 FW, Kandahar, Afghanistan, Sep 2012
The sheets are printed by Cartograf and the printing is very well done. What's more, none of these decals require the modeler to stack multiple layers of markings atop one another to recreate artwork. This trend by some other decal companies of producing multiple-layer decals is unfortunate as it puts the burden on you to do the work of what should have been done by the decal maker.
This set provides two complete sets of maintenance stencils and markings to replicate at least two aircraft in 1/48 scale (and if you use some of the stencils from the kits, you can do more!). This set is designed to work with the Tamiya 1/48 kit.
These markings are available directly from the publisher on their website www.reidairpublishing.com.
My sincere thanks to Speed Hunter Graphics for this review sample!