Starfighter Decals 1/48 Dauntless at War Decal First Look
|Date of Review||November 2015||Manufacturer||Starfighter Decals|
|Subject||Dauntless at War||Scale||1/48|
|Set Number||4808||Pros||Eight distinctive subjects|
|Cons||Nothing noted||Skill Level||Basic|
Starfighter Decals has released this set of 1/48 SBD-3 Dauntless decals for your Accurate Miniatures or Hasegawa kit. This set provides your choice of eight subjects with sufficient decals for two models.
The subjects include:
- SBD-3, 4687, B1, VB-6, bomb hit on Akagi
- SBD-3, 4618, GC, CAG Air Group 6, as flown by Cdr Wade McClusky
- SBD-3, 4659, 17, VS-5
- SBD-3, 4665, S-9
- SBD-3, unknown, B18, VB-6, one of the aircraft that gravely injured legendary Zero pilot Saburo Sakai
- SBD-3, 3213, 0, Saratoga CAG, as flown by Cdr Harry D. Felt
- SBD-3, 3315, 16, credited with three aircraft shot down in one day
- SBD-3, unknown, B16, VB-11,
This set provides a nice selection of aircraft between the Guadalcanal and Midway battles with good notes for arming the aircraft. You can purchase these decals directly from Starfighter Decals on their website.
My sincere thanks to Starfighter Decals for this review sample!