Syh@rt Decals 1/72 Spitfires of the 350th Squadron 1941-1949 Decal First Look
|Date of Review||March 2014||Manufacturer||Syh@rt Decals|
|Subject||Spitfires of the 350th Squadron 1941-1949||Scale||1/72|
|Set Number||72908||Pros||Great cross-section of 350 Sqn subjects|
|Cons||None noted||Skill Level||Experienced|
Syh@art Decals is an interesting aftermarket decal producer from France that specializes in those special paint schemes worn by NATO aircraft for Tiger Meet, Anniversary, or special Airshow duties. Most of their decal line is produced in 1/48 and 1/72 scale with selected subjects in 1/32 scale also covered.
In this release, we have an interesting superset of decals that will replicate just about any Spitfire flown by 350 Sqn (Belgium) during and after World War II. Profiles are included for the following subjects:.
- Spitfire Mk.II, P7976, 350 Sqn, MN-F, Dorset, 1942
- Spitfire Mk.IIa, P7297, 350 Sqn, MN-A, Anglesey, 1941
- Spitfire Mk.Vb, AD550, 350 Sqn, MN-N, Debden, 1942
- Spitfire Mk.Vb, AR373, 350 Sqn, MN-M, Gravesent, 1942
- Spitfire Mk.Vb, AR380, 350 Sqn, MN-Z, Redhill, 1942
- Spitfire Mk.Vc, EE738, 350 Sqn, MN-P, Heston, 1943
- Spitfire Mk.Vb, AD228, 350 Sqn, MN-G, Acklington, 1943
- Spitfire Mk.Vb, AA720, 350 Sqn, MN-J, Friston, 1944
- Spitfire LF.IX, MJ243, 350 Sqn, MN-M, Westhampnett, 1944
- Spitfire LF.IX, ML137, 350 Sqn, MN-Z, Westhampnett, 1944
- Spitfire F.XIVc, RB169, 350 Sqn, MN-F, Lympne, 1944
- Spitfire F.XIVc, RB155, 350 Sqn, MN-C, Fassberg, 1945
- Spitfire F.XIVe, RM748, 350 Sqn, MN-Z, Hawkings, 1944
- Spitfire F.XICe, RM693, 350 Sqn, MN-S, Hawkings, 1944
- Spitfire F.XIVe, NH659, 350 Sqn, MN-F, Eindoven, 1945
- Spitfire F.XVI, TD325, 350 Sqn, MN-M, Fassberg, 1946
- Spitfire F.XVIe, TB137, 350 Sqn, MN-K, Beauvechain, 1946
- Spitfire F.XIVe, SG17, 350 Sqn, MN-V, Beauvechain, 1947
- Spitfire F.XIVe, SG38, 350 Sqn, MN-M, Beauvechain, 1948
- Spitfire F.XIVe, SG66, 350 Sqn, MN-V, Beauvechain, 1947
- Spitfire F.XIVe, SG29, 350 Sqn, MN-O, Beauvechain, 1948
- Spitfire F.XIVe, SG56, 350 Sqn, MN-W, Beauvechain, 1948
- Spitfire F.XIVe, SG80, 350 Sqn, MN-T, Beauvechain, 1948
This set provides all of the markings needed for RAF or Belgian AF service with maintenance stenciling sufficient for two examples.
For more information about this set and the other releases from Syh@rt Decals, visit their website at http://syhartdecal.fr.
My sincere thanks to Syh@rt Decals for this review sample!