Warbird Decals 1/48 F-4E Thunderbirds Decal First Look
|Date of Review||August 2010||Manufacturer||Warbird Decals|
|Set Number||48017||Pros||Six options|
|Cons||Nothing noted||Skill Level||Basic|
Warbird Decals produced a really nice set of decals covering the F-4E Phantom II as flown by the USAF Thunderbirds during the 1973/74 show season. The six aircraft portrayed are:
- Thunderbird 1 (Lead) - Major Roger Parrish/TSgt Tim Matthew
- Thunderbird 2 (Left Wing) - Major Nels Running/TSgt TW Mitchell
- Thunderbird 3 (Right WIng) - Major Rip Blaisdell/TSgt F Lollis
- Thunderbird 4 (Slot) - Captain Tim Roels/TSgt RE Dowler
- Thunderbird 5 (Solo) - Captain Kirk Brimmer/TSgt EG Hardy
- Thunderbird 6 (Spare) - Captain Doug Roach/TSgt L Smith
This set provides all of the markings and stripes, all you have to do is paint up your hardwinged F-4E in gloss whiite and select which aircraft you want to portray. The names are provided for the pilots and crew chiefs. These are markings are all sized for the Hasegawa 1/48 F-4E kit.
Warbird Decals are available through a number of online retailers.
My sincere thanks to Warbird Decals for this review sample!