Yellow-Wings Decals 1/72 SOC-3 Seagull Part 1 Decal First Look
|Date of Review||January 2009||Manufacturer||Yellow-Wings Decals|
|Subject||SOC-3 Seagull Part 1||Scale||1/72|
|Set Number||72013||Pros||Markings for six examples|
Yellow-Wings Decals has entered the scene with an interesting specialty area - markings for USN Navy aircraft prior to World War II (hence the Yellow Wings name). These markings are printed by Microscale, so they are great quality by definition.
This set provides some nice markings for the Hasegawa 1/72 Seagull kit. Markings are provided forsix examples:
- SOC-3, 1075, VO-1, 1-O-7, USS Arizona, USS Nevada, USS Pennsylvania, 1937
- SOC-3, 1068, VO-2, 2-O-1, USS Tennessee, USS Oklahoma, USS California, 1937
- SOC-3, 1089, VO-3, 3-O-4, USS Idaho, USS Mississippi, USS New Mexico, 1937
- SOC-3, 1110, VO-4, 4-O-1, USS West Virginia, USS Colorado, USS Maryland, 1937
- SOC-3, 1127, VMS-2, 2-MS-7, San Diego, 1938
- SOC-3, 1087, VCS-9, 9-CS-1, USS Honolulu, 1940
The set also includes several profiles and documentation to help you replicate the proper placement of the neutrality roundels to render an accurate model.
Yellow-Wings Decals can be purchased directly from their website at www.yellow-wingsdecals.com.
My sincere thanks to Yellow-Wings Decals for this review sample!