Zotz Decals 1/32 B-25J Mitchell at War Part II Decal First Look
|Date of Review||November 2012||Manufacturer||Zotz Decals|
|Subject||B-25J Mitchell at War Part II||Scale||1/32|
|Set Number||32056||Pros||Nice marking options for the second HK Models kit|
|Cons||Nothing noted||Skill Level||Basic|
Zotz Decals is back with yet another interesting release, this time a nice selection of B-25Js for the HK Models 1/32 B-25J Mitchell kits. This set is provided on two large sheets of decals plus a set of paint masks for the blue bat face on Betty's Dream and the yellow beak of Lady Lil.
The five aircraft featured in this set are:
- B-25J, 44-30289, 822 BS/38 BG/5 AF, Okinawa, 1945, 'Black Panthers'
- B-25J, 43-28136, 71 BS/38 BG/5 AF, Philippines, 1945, 'Emergency Strip'
- B-25J, 44-29577, 498 BS/345 BG/5 AF, Philippines, 1945, 'Lady Lil'
- B-25J, 44-29147, 396 BS/41 BG/7 AF, Okinawa, 1945, 'French Kiss'
- B-25J, 44-30934, 499 BS/345 BG/5 AF, Okinawa, 1945, 'Betty's Dream'
As you can see in the images above, the printing of these decals is up to the usual high standards of Zotz Decals and are excellent alternative markings for the HK Models kit. If you're B-25 lover and look forward to the various straff and raider schemes (like the Air Apaches), here is the set you'll be wanting for this project. I'll be interested to see what Zotz will release this set as well as Part I in 1/48 scale for all of those who have the Monogram B-25H and B-25J kits on their shelves..
For more information about this set and the other releases from Zotz Decals, visit their website at www.zotz-decals.com.
My sincere thanks to Zotz Decals for this review sample!