Platz Hobby 1/72 T-2 JASDF Detail Set First Look
|Date of Review||September 2014||Manufacturer||Platz Hobby|
|Subject||T-2 JASDF Detail Set||Scale||1/72|
|Set Number||72034||Primary Media||Photo-Etch|
|Pros||Nice enhancement to their T-2 kit||Cons||Nothing noted|
|Skill Level||Experienced||MSRP (Yen)||¥1728|
Platz Hobby produces a wide range of kits, decals, and detail sets for the hobby market and are wanting to make their presence better known outside the Japanese market. You might want to take note as if this is an example of their work, you're going to want to procure some of these various products of interest.
In this release, we have a very nice color photo-etch detail set for their (Platz) 1/72 T-2 Blue Impulse kit. This set is produced by Eduard and provides two frets of color-printed photo-etched details to enhance their stock kit. Among the details provided in this set:
- Two-layer instrument panels (front and rear cockpits)
- New circuit breaker panels (front and rear cockpits)
- New side consoles and throttle quadrants (front and rear cockpits)
- New rudder pedals (front and rear cockpits)
- Nice ejection seat frame, crew restraints, and pull-handle details (front and rear seats)
- New canopy sills (front and rear cockpits)
- New windscreen bow (front cockpit)
- New canopy bows with rear view mirrors (front and rear cockpits)
- Navigation light lenses
- Improved antennas
- Fuel filler caps
- Landing gear placards
While the stock Platz T-2 kit is nice, this detail set will provide some beautiful details inside those two cockpits! For more information about this set and the other releases from Platz Hobby, visit their website at http://www.platztz-hobby.com.
My sincere thanks to Platz Hobby for this review sample!