DML 1/35 3.7cm Flak 43 auf Sd.Kfz.7/2 Kit First Look
By Dave Manter
|Date of Review||May 2014||Manufacturer||DML|
|Subject||3.7cm Flak 43 auf Sd.Kfz.7/2||Scale||1/35|
|Kit Number||6553||Primary Media||Styrene, Photo-Etch|
|Skill Level||Intermediate||MSRP (USD)||$78.95|
This version of Dragon's Sd.Kfz.7 is armed with the 3.7cm Flak 43. The kit consists of over 550 parts molded in grey styrene. All of the parts are very nicely molded and feature great details with little to flash present.
The kit also includes four sheets of photo etch detail parts. The front wheels are made from Dragons own DS plastic. Markings are included for two vehicles, both in Germany during 1945.
Some key features of the kit are:
- Gunners sight cover can be raised or lowered
- Gun shield is made from brass
- One piece chassis
- 6 cylinder engine made from multiple parts
- Front window armor can be built open or closed
- Driver's and commander's hatches can be built open or closed
- Accurately shaped front fenders
- Suspension system as per the real vehicle
- Newly designed gun mount
- Two type of front armor
- Sharply reproduced on-vehicle tools
- Fully detailed steering mechanism
- Magic tracks included
- Armored gun shield can be assembled for travel or combat
- Dropsides and tailgate can be folded down
- Slide molded one piece gun barrel with hollow muzzle
Dragon continues to lead the way with numerous versions and improvements to each of the vehicles in its lineup.
My sincere thanks to Dragon Models USA for this review sample!