DML 1/35 Sd.Kfz.167 Stug.IV Last Production Kit First Look
By Dave Manter
|Date of Review||May 2014||Manufacturer||DML|
|Subject||Sd.Kfz.167 Stug.IV Last Production||Scale||1/35|
|Kit Number||6647||Primary Media||Styrene, Photo-Etch|
|Skill Level||Intermediate||MSRP (USD)||$69.95|
Dragon continues to release numerous versions of each vehicle in its lineup. This time we have the last production version of the German Stug IV. The kit consists of over 535 parts molded in grey styrene. As this kit is a mix of parts from numerous kits, there is a difference between the newer molded parts and the older parts as far as detail. Most of the parts are very finely molded with great details, but some of the older part trees do suffer from a little more flash and heavier seam lines.
The kit also includes photo etch detail parts and the side skirts are made from metal as well. The track links are made from Dragons own DS plastic. Markings are included for 2 vehicles, both on the Eastern Front during 1944.
Some key features of the kit are:
- True to scale fenders
- Slide molded periscopes
- Drivers hatch can be built open or closed
- MG shield accurately reproduced
- Easy to assemble upper hull
- Optional rain guard on fighting compartment
- Radio set and seat included
- Screw heads finely reproduced
- All hatches can be built open or closed
- Detailed suspension system
- Newly tooled armor skirt support rails
- One piece gun barrel
- Optional muzzle brakes
- DS tracks
- Gun mantlet rendered with realistic texture
- Newly tooled exhaust pipes
- Newly tooled hatch handles
- Gun travel lock can be assembled in travel or combat mode
- One-piece lower hull
- Newly tooled metal armor plates provided as individual pieces
Dragon continues to lead the way with numerous versions and improvements to each of the vehicles in its lineup.
My sincere thanks to DML for this review sample!