Hobby Boss 1/35 T-26 Light Infantry Tank Model 1933 Kit First Look
By Dave Manter
|Date of Review||September 2013||Manufacturer||Hobby Boss|
|Subject||T-26 Light Infantry Tank Model 1933||Scale||1/35|
|Kit Number||82495||Primary Media||Styrene, Photo-Etch|
|Pros||New variant, great details||Cons||None|
|Skill Level||Advanced||MSRP (USD)||$46.99|
The T-26 was a Soviet light infantry tank used during many conflicts of the 1930s as well as during World War II. It was a development of the British Vickers 6-ton tank and is widely considered one of the most successful tank designs of the 1930s.
It was produced in greater numbers than any other tank of the period, with more than 11,000 produced. During the 1930s, the USSR developed approximately 53 variants of the T-26, including other combat vehicles based on its chassis. Twenty three of these were massed produced.
The T-26 was used extensively in the armies of Spain, China and Turkey. In addition, captured T-26 light tanks were used by the Finnish, German, Romanian and Hungarian armies.
The HobbyBoss kit consists of over 942 styrene parts on 60 sprues including the hull. There are also 27 detail parts in photo etch. All of the parts are very well molded with very crisp details. There is no flash present. The instructions are very well written and are easy to follow. Decals are provided for one vehicle, but the full color painting sheets shows 2 different T-26's. One is without any markings.
Some key features of the kit are:
- Commander's hatch can be open or closed
- Accurate headlight with clear lens
- Photo etch grille, handles and brackets to further enhance detail
- Photo etch fender brackets
- Drive sprocket, road wheels and idler wheel are accurately molded
- Moveable 45mm main gun
- Highly detailed individual tracks
- Accurately molded bogies
- Accurately molded jack with sharp detail
- Separately molded tools
- Many details on the vehicle are enhanced with photo etch parts
- Faithfully reproduced running gear
- Suspension can be made to be workable
This is the third in HobbyBoss's series of T-26 variants and is yet another great kit!
My sincere thanks to Squadron Mail Order for this review sample!