ICM 1/48 WWII RAF Pilots & Ground Personnel Kit First Look
|Date of Review||May 2006||Manufacturer||ICM|
|Subject||WWII RAF Pilots & Ground Personnel||Scale||1/48|
|Kit Number||48081||Primary Media||Styrene|
|Pros||Nice details on figures||Cons|
|Skill Level||Basic||MSRP (USD)||$12.00|
Here is a useful offering re-released from ICM, this is their versatile RAF Pilots and Ground Personnel set with the figures wearing WWII-styled RAF uniforms. The set is presented on a single tree of parts molded in white styrene. This is the same set that has been included in a few of ICM's Spitfire special releases in the past.
As the boxart illustrates, this kit includes:
- One pilot flying combat with his hands
- One pilot pretending to be interested with his jacket over his shoulder
- One pilot in full kit stepping into the cockpit
- One maintenance chief on his knee talking
- One female courier
- One aircraft crew chief
- One chap carrying a fuel can
- One standard issue squadron mascot dog
Accessories included in the kit:
- One oxygen service trolly
- One workbench
- One maintenance ladder
- One wing jack
- One fuel can
While there are more figures than the average modeler would want to use in a 1/48 RAF vignette, there are plenty of options in the box to bring several of your RAF subjects to life.
This set is definitely recommended!
My sincere thanks to Testors for this review sample!