MiniArt 1/35 L1500A Kfz.70 German Personnel Car Kit First Look
By Dave Manter
|Date of Review||May 2013||Manufacturer||MiniArt|
|Subject||L1500A Kfz.70 German Personnel Car||Scale||1/35|
|Kit Number||35147||Primary Media||Styrene, Photo-Etch|
|Pros||Great details, full engine, detailed interior||Cons||Nothing noted|
|Skill Level||Advanced||MSRP (USD)||$69.95|
In 1937-44 the basic German light-duty military trucks were 1.5-ton chassis L1500E, L1500S (4x2) and L1500A (4x4) with petrol 4- and 6-cylinder engines of 44-60 hp. L1500E was produced in 1937-38 and had 44 hp engines. L1500S was produced from 1941 to 1944, 4100 pcs were made. Four-wheel drive L1500A was manufactured from 1941 to 1943 with about 4300 trucks made. L1500E and L1500A were equipped with 60 hp engine. Ambulance vans Kfz.31 were produced on the chassis of L1500E, and staff cars on the chassis of L1500A.
Another version of the Mercedes L1500 from MiniArt, this kit consists of 467 styrene parts and 86 photo etch parts. All of the parts feature excellent details and flash and seam lines are minimal. Markings are included for 4 vehicles. They are:
- 3rd Panzer Grenadier Division, September 1944
- 1st Panzer Division, Kharkov, February 1943
- Grossdeutschland, Kursk, June 1943
- 90th Motorized Division, 190th Artillery Regiment, North Africa, August 1942
The instructions are broken into an amazing 72 steps! If you have built MiniArt kits before, you will understand why! MiniArt absolutely packs every detail into their kits and this one is no exception. The instructions are well written and should be easy to follow.
Some key features of this kit are:
- Highly detailed engine
- Detailed chassis
- Detailed drive train
- Choice of solid grill or photo etch
- Super detailed interior
- Detailed engine compartment
- Detailed Jerry cans
- Rear stowage doors can be built open or closed
- Windows can be built open or closed
- Doors can be built open or closed
- Top can be assembled up or down
- Hood can be built open or closed
Another winner from MiniArt! Highly recommended!!
Thanks to MRC for the review sample.