White Ensign Models' Modern Soviet Colourcoats Paint First Look
|Date of Review||August 2007||Manufacturer||White Ensign Models|
|Subject||Modern Soviet Colourcoats||Primary Media||Enamel|
|Pros||Color matched to current Soviet paints||Cons||Not available as acrylics|
|Skill Level||Basic||MSRP (BP)||£1.32 per tin|
One of the lastest releases of colors in the White Ensign Models Colourcoats series is this set recreating many of the colors used by the Modern Soviet and post-Soviet Air Forces.
This new line matches up many of the more common camoflage colors used by the Soviet Air Force in the 1980s and 1990s, as well as the post-Soviet Republic Air Forces in use today.
The fourteen colors in this series include:
- ACSM01 - Pale Blue-Grey (Flanker)
- ACSM02 - Medium Blue (Flanker)
- ACSM03 - Dark Blue Grey (Flanker)
- ACSM04 - Light Grey (MiG-29)
- ACSM05 - Blue-Grey (MiG-29)
- ACSM06 - Grey (MiG-21/23/27, Su-17/25)
- ACSM07 - MiG Cockpit Interior Turquoise
- ACSM08 - MiG Radome Grey
- ACSM09 - Light Brown (MiG-21/23/27, Su-17/25)
- ACSM10 - Sand (MiG-21/23/27, Su-17/25)
- ACSM11 - Brown (MiG-21/23/27, Su-17/25)
- ACSM12 - Green (MiG-21/23/27, Su-17/25)
- ACSM13 - Light Stone (Mi-17/24)
- ACSM14 - Grey-Green (Mi-17/24)
If you want to paint your new Trumpeter 1/35 Mi-24 or Mi-17 kits with authentic colors, here is the place to get your colors!
My sincere thanks to White Ensign Models for these review samples!